05 February, 2014

Rishi's idea for the film opening, with sketch of storyboard

The images you see above, is my idea that I wanted as our Opening Title Sequence. The first picture is a written format shot by shot of what would be shown, and the second and third pictures are a ruff storyboard format of the shots.  My idea was to focus more on the effects that the drugs had on the taker. However I found the following mistakes: 
1) The Reaper title comes at the end, this makes it look too much like a trailer rather than an opening             2) It is too short, and not developed enough                                                                                                 3)The shots are far too repetitive e.g close ups of face                                                                                   4) There is no real indication that I've used psychological thriller conventions                                                 
                     


Even though we did not use my idea, we still incorporated various aspects of my idea, e.g the syringe is still in the opening, the after effects are still in the opening...etc